Marine Engines are designed to run on refinery grade fuel. However, the reality is that bunkered fuel has already logged many idle hours during storage and transportation. During storage, fuel interacts with air and bacteria which introduce oxidation and biological contamination. This forms various polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) as well as increases fuel viscosity. These newly formed molecular compounds (PAHs) are very stable leading to poor combustion reaction. In the end, low quality fuel contains reduced useful energy density causing incomplete combustion reaction. A fuel that does not burn completely ends up as soot in the air or on the transom. Fuel treatment with Green Fuel Catalyst reformulates and improves hydrocarbon fuel quality, and as a result ensures a more complete combustion reaction reducing fuel consumption, lowering emissions, while also minimizing unscheduled downtime due to a less frequent need for the fuel system maintenance.
Where is Green Fuel Catalyst to be installed ? Installation on a marine vessel running on HFO, MGO or any other suitable hydrocarbon fuel type except the LNG is simple.
Just locate a suitable place within the booster system after the mixing and heating units on its way to the Main Engine (ME) or the Auxiliary Engine (AE). It is very important to ensure that a multi pass effect is observed so that the fuel recirculated back from the ME or AE to the booster unit passes again through the fuel catalyst before being discharged back into the engine.
More complete combustion means big savings in fuel expenses, less impact on the environment, less intensive engine maintenance, less transom soot, and more range per tank. Excellent results have been achieved with various fuel oil types such as ULSDF, MDO, MFO, MGO, IFO, HFO just to name a few.
- Container ships
- Bulk carriers
- Oil & Chemical tankers
- Gas carriers
- Passenger ships
- Offshore service vessels
- Navy ships
- Cargo ships
- Fishing vessels
- Tug boats
- Inland navigation vessels
- Roll-on, roll-off ships
- Reduce fuel consumption by over 2%
- Reduces carbon footprint, pollution, emissions, greenhouse gases (CO, CO2, H-C, PM10, NOx, SOx)
- Fast payback with average ROI of 4-6 months
- Induces more efficient fuel combustion
- Reduces soot and carbon buildup
- Improves fuel lubricity
- Improves horsepower & torque
- Improves cetane and reduces CCAI index
- Extends engine lifetime
- Minimizes injector, exhaust and fuel system maintenance
- No moving parts, no additives, no magnets
- Easy and simple installation
- Requires no extra maintenance for lighter fuels
- No significant pressure loss
- Lloyd’s, Det Norske Veritas, ABS, UL certified, US Coast Guard accepted